Saturday January 27th 2018 – 9.30am to 4.30pm near Matlock in Derbyshire.
Places cost £90.00 each, and numbers are limited to only 6 people on this course. Fully booked.
This one day course concentrates exclusively on using the tools within Lightroom’s Develop module to edit your photos. It is designed for people who already have some basic experience of working with Lightroom (or other photo editors such as Photoshop), but no previous editing experience is necessary. It is a natural progression from our course An Introduction to Organizing and Editing Your Photos with Adobe Lightroom on December 2nd and, if you are completely new to using Lightroom, you are advised to consider coming on that course first.
This course is all about exploring Lightroom’s editing functions (the Develop module) in detail, including:
- learning how to use the different panels and sliders to make changes affecting the whole of your image
- how to use tools (such as the adjustment brush and gradient filters) to make changes to just selected parts of your images
- how to correct perspective and lens distortions in your images
- how to create your own presets, or import presets created by others
- exploring the new PhotoMerge to HDR and Panorama functions in Lightroom 6/CC
- how to crop and size your images for specific purposes
- how to get better prints by soft proofing your images before printing (or sending to a lab for printing)
- how to add watermarks to your images
- how to work with history states and virtual copies
- how to really speed up your work within Lightroom using batch processing, presets and keyboard shortcuts
You will also learn how to use Lightroom in conjunction with other editors (such as Photoshop or Photoshop Elements) and plug-ins to perform tasks that Lightroom cannot do (eg creating some special effects or a certain “look”, combining multiple images into one, adding text or borders etc.)
The course is being held in the Derbyshire village of Tansley, near Matlock. It is easy to get to from anywhere in Derbyshire, Sheffield, Nottingham or Manchester. There is free car parking available, and a pub nearby for lunch (not included in the course price) – or you can bring a packed lunch if you prefer. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided during the day.
The course will run from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, and will be limited to only 6 places, costing £90.00 each. Extensive written course notes will be provided to everyone attending.
Please contact us if you would like a booking form to reserve your place.